Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's going on with the Burgers?

I looked at our blog the other day and realized it was very neglected! I sorted through some pictures and picked the ones that I wanted to post. We do not currently have Internet at our home so I have to remember to bring my memory card with me in order to post, which is also why it has been so long. We are all doing well. Savannah is entering the 8th grade in less then 2 weeks. She is a bit nervous but I know she will do well and will be a help to the incoming 7th graders because that is her personality. Riley is getting ready to enter the 5th grade with much enthusiasm. Amelia, Alexis and Alicia are more then ready to return to school as 2nd graders. They have missed their friends and especially their teachers who they are lucky to have for another year. We are settling in to our new home very well. I enjoyed a trip to Utah in June. I was able to catch up with some adopted family members and dear friends while I was there. I enjoyed the dry air and lack of mosquito's, but returned to Vermont with a warm welcome from both. It has been a long and a short summer. I haven't been able to spend as much time with the kids as I had hoped. We are all at least a little excited for school to begin again in less then 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Astromom said...

Isn't how it is, the long short summer, wanting more time, but also so ready for school, I have felt the same way. It was nice to see you in June. Thanks for keeping me updated.